At Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited, we recognize the importance of protecting and safeguarding the personal, business and financial information that you provide to us.
Chief Privacy Officer
At Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited, we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal, business and financial information. We support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- Definition of Personal Information
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How do We Use Your Personal Information?
- When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Your Knowledge and Consent
- Use or Disclosure of Your Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
- Links to Third Party Web Sites
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Correcting or Updating Your Information
- Contact Us
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual, other than that individual’s name, title, business address or telephone number (often called, “business card” or “phone book” information). Personal information includes age, gender, race, religion, marital status, health status, financial status, home address, etc. Such information includes information specifically related to you, our client, or personal information of others, such as your employees, clients, or customers, that we may encounter in the course of providing our professional services to you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect, which may include personal information, may involve at least some of the following:
- Contact information (such as name, nicknames, titles, business names, business addresses, email work addresses, work or cell telephone numbers); and
- Financial status and billing information (such as credit card numbers/expiration dates and credit history).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with timely and reliable professional assurance, tax or advisory services;
- Do all the things necessary to administer those services;
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those services;
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- Advise you about new firm products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- Invoice and collect payment for professional services and products provided by us to you.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
At Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited, we are accountable for your personal information. We will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to, or with, others.
In terms of our accountability to you:
- We are responsible for the protection of the personal information you disclose to Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited;
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, regulatory body, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so; and
- We also reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of an actual merger or acquisition of Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited so that you may continue to receive the same professional services from the new entity or third party. In this unlikely case, the use of your personal information by the new entity would be limited to the purpose(s) for which we originally used the information.
Your Knowledge and Consent
Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited collects personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it. Typically, we will seek your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information when we collect it. In certain circumstances, your consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before we use it (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Should you wish to do so, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer, Beth Dorosh, at 4- 512 Woolwich Street Guelph,. The firm will inform you of the implications of your withdrawing your consent.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of our professional services or products, require you to consent to the collection, use, disclosure or protection of information beyond that which is required to fulfill the specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being collected.
Use or Disclosure of Your Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited will never disclose your personal information to a third party marketing firm. However, within the boundaries of our regulatory environment, from time to time Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited may make use of your personal information to communicate and market our services and products to you. You can choose not to receive any invitations or direct mail from us by indicating your preference as outlined below.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information in our possession, collected from you, is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your personal information will be restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited will employ generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Your consent to such purposes(s) will remain valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us of any changes to your information. To correct or update your personal information, you may contact Royal City Bookkeeping Services Limited by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org